Throughout her 15+ year career, Mauria held leadership positions and handled major product initiatives at companies including Netscape, AOL, Good Technology, PayPal and eBay. In 2010 she founded Citrus Lane, a fast-growing social e-commerce company focused on the $50B baby and kids market that’s backed by top-tier VCs Greylock and GGV Capital.
Innovating in Field of Work:
• Mauria brought the subscription model to new parents who are overwhelmed by the aisles of the big box stores or Amazon. Every month, subscribers receive a box of high-quality, healthy products selected by the Citrus Lane team and sourced based on millions of votes from parents (knowing they are the most trusted source of recommendations).
• She built social into the DNA of Citrus Lane, creating cohesive communities where customers come together to share their feedback on products, and engage.
Following a successful Series A venture funding round of $5.1 million from top-tier venture capitalists in April 2012, Mauria has since led Citrus Lane to increase revenue 10 fold.
• She writes and speaks frequently about the obstacles – and opportunities – women entrepreneurs face in Silicon Valley, and is always ready to offer advice or guidance.
• Given her own experiences not being actively encouraged to pursue her passion for tech, she is committed to accelerating the conversation by getting involved in organizations to help girls – and other underrepresented groups – take the STEM path.
• Mentoring with 2020 League, a group with the goal of creating 5 women-led one billion dollar startups by 2020.
• As a mother of two whose own single mom sent her to Stanford to do programming where she felt intimidated and lacking but rose to the challenge, she believes you can do anything you set your mind to and never give up.
Reinvention / Momentum:
• “I am proud of my accomplishments in big companies (e.g. helping turnaround, Ebay with initiatives like PayPal mobile) but I left the security of a great Silicon Valley executive job to follow my passion. It’s been the most amazing experience I’ve ever had.”
• “I am committed to family – even while growing the Citrus Lane family. I am home almost every night for dinner and find time to volunteer at my son’s kindergarten class. I’m proud of the fact I get out there and exercise almost every day. After a lifetime of being a size 14, a few years ago, I committed to healthy eating and exercising and now am a healthy size 6 with a lot more energy – which I need for running after two boys and building a startup!”
“Don’t let fear play a role in your decisions. I often remind myself, fortune favors the bold!”