Ilana Golan: Ground-Breaking F-16 Flight Instructor, Commander and Multiple-Business Entrepreneur
Founder and CEO, Stiya
Bio: Founder and CEO, Stiya. Previously founded Qualisystems (Quali) North America and had multiple engineering / software development roles with firms including Intel. She started her career as an F-16 flight instructor with the Israeli Air Force.
Innovating in field of work:
- Stiya is a Storytelling platform for businesses using automation and AI allowing them to share more relevant and personalized content with their clients in a click.
- Built the US team and business of Quali, an enterprise automation and cloud orchestration startup, which developed to an industry standard
- Broke gender barriers in Israeli military
- Speaker in many universities and women specific forms about startups, entrepreneurship and being a woman in tech.
- Excellent Commander Award, Israel Defense Forces—rare award for selected commanders for remarkable accomplishments or life saving events
- Led Quali from startup to 50% YOY and $15m in yearly revenue
- Part of startup exit $300M at Verisity
- Helps travelers travel solo around world, mainly southeast Asia, Africa, South America
- Organizes and Participates in athletic challenges to raise awareness and funding for ALS including an Iron distance triathlon event.
- First woman commander of training and educational unit for all F-16 pilots in Israeli military
- Continuously working with younger generation, focused on women in tech, launching a startup. Presents in schools and universities about women in the industry.
- Example to women that they can build multi-million dollar companies, excel in the military, and push the limits in sports
- Active fund- and awareness-raiser for ALS through mountaineering challenges, Ironman competition
“Always pushing the limits and finding new goals in all aspects of life: army, sports, tech (engineering), raising money for ALS and entrepreneurship.”