Bio: Co-Founder & CEO, Real Food Blends. Previously online marketing consultant for Bombacino Marketing Co.; Senior Vice President, Marketing, optionsXpress (investment services)
Innovating in Field of Work:
- Refused to accept status quo when her son failed on prescribed commercial feeding tube formulas (made with corn syrup) – so started making her own, pureeing food, no additives, preservatives
- 100% real food meals for people (age 1 and up) with feeding tubes, changing the way tube-fed children and adults eat and making real food a convenient option for tube-fed people of all ages
- Engages dietitians and doctors, insurance companies so that RFB meals will be covered by insurance and patients have assistance dealing with the insurers.
- Passionate community of ‘raving fans.’
- In 2015, first full year of operation, easily surpassed $1 million in sales.
- Dramatic improvements for tube fed patients
- Expanding distribution to meet growing demand
- Strong advocate and mentor to women, especially moms of special needs children, on social media.
- Inspires others to find solutions where none exist and to use their talents to disrupt for good.
- Meets in person with parents and caregivers to provide support and assistance.
Reinvention / Risk / Momentum:
- Real Food Blends grew out of personal need to solve nutritional and health problems of her tube-fed young son, who had adverse reactions to traditional corn-syrup based feeding products.
“Julie didn’t set out to start a business; she set out to solve a problem.”