Karen Walrond: Corporate Attorney Turned Photographer, Author and Speaker on Intentional Living, Creativity, Connection and ‘Thriving’
Photographer, Author, Speaker, Chookooloonks Media LLC
Bio: Currently, Owner of Chookooloonks Media, and Co-Director, Collaboration & Development, for The Daring Way™; previously, Assistant General Counsel, Paradigm Geophysical; Programming Manager, AOL; Chief of Staff, Halliburton Energy; Chief Counsel, Landmark Graphics Corp.; Attorney, Landmark Graphics
Innovating in Field of Work:
- Chookooloonks award-winning photoblog is inspirational source on intentional living, authenticity, gratitude and creativity.
- Author of the bestselling book, The Beauty of Different, championing the message that our differences make us beautiful, may even be our superpowers
- Public speaker, writer, photographer, Certified Daring Way™ Facilitator
- Co-Director of The Daring Way™, an organization which trains and certifies helping professionals in Brené Brown’s empirically-based research on authenticity, courage, empathy & vulnerability.
- Sought-after keynote speaker on self-empowerment, creativity and innovation; has spoken extensively on leadership, ethics and diversity at universities, legal organizations and many other audiences around the country.
- Author and Creator of Chookooloonks, an award-winning photoblog and an inspirational source for living with authenticity, gratitude and connection.
- Appearances on PBS, Huffington Post, CNN.com and The Oprah Winfrey Show.
- Speaks frequently to children, teens, college students on relationship between our uniqueness and the power in our individual beauty
- Member, ONE Girls and Women Advisory Board, and part of the ONE campaign, and an activist against poverty and preventable disease in developing countries
- Writes frequently about anti-racism as well as cross-cultural and cross-racial connection.
Reinvention / Risk / Momentum:
- After practicing law for 15 years, specializing in software licensing and software development law; now author, photographer, speaker and producer of digital content
- Left high-powered legal/corporate career to effect more personal and positive change in the world.
“Karen is a prominent speaker and writer on the topic of thriving—through leadership development, the magic of creativity, the valuing of cultural and racial diversity, and the power of social media.”